What drinks have gluten?
Our odwalla Original Superfood Fruit Smoothie is one of the few beverages we have that has gluten. The majority of our beverages are gluten-free drinks.
If you are not sure if there’s gluten in your drink, refer to the ingredients list next to the Nutrition Facts label on our bottles and cans. Look for words like wheat, rye or barley. If you don’t have product on hand, visit Our Products page. And if you have more questions concerning a gluten-free diet, consult your doctor.
Does soda have gluten? Does diet soda have gluten?
The majority of our sodas, including diet sodas, are gluten-free.
If you are not sure if there’s gluten in our sodas or other drinks, refer to the ingredients list next to the Nutrition Facts label on our cans and bottles.
What is gluten?
Here are 3 things to know about gluten:
- Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, rye, barley and a blend of these grains.
- Gluten is commonly found in pastas, breads, gravy, some sauces and seasonings. It gives breads their shape, strength and elastic structure. It can also be used in many other foods for other purposes, including as a thickening agent or flavor enhancer.
- To be gluten-free, the FDA says foods or drinks must contain less than 20 parts per million of gluten.
Is gluten bad for you?
Not unless you have celiac disease. But we also understand that people may have different preferences about their diet, including being gluten-free.
If you want to learn more about celiac disease, here’s what the FDA says about it.
If you are having a negative reaction to gluten food and drinks, be sure to speak to your doctor.
What gluten-free drinks do you offer?
Many are gluten-free drinks, like these favorites:
- Blue Sky Soda
- Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero Sugar
- CORE POWER protein milk shake
- DASANI, DASANI Flavors, DASANI Sparkling
- Dunkin’ Donuts ready-to-drink coffee
- Fuze iced tea
- Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea
- Honest Tea, Honest Kids
- Minute Maid and Simply Orange
- odwalla juices and odwalla quenchers
- POWERADE, POWERADE Zero
- Seagram’s Ginger Ale, Seagram’s Club Soda, Seagram’s Seltzer Water
- Sprite, Sprite Zero
- ZICO coconut water
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: 'Gluten-free' now means what it says
- FoodInsight.org: Gluten and Health – What you should know